Time Out Tuesday

S0 I have been up around 6 all week.  This morning was no different except I needed to be extra quiet because sometime during the night I got room visitors.  There were two Beach Angels sleeping on my floor!  Why they would give up their bed for the floor beats me.

 
    Looks Comfy doesn't It

So with camera in hand I headed down to the dock to capture some shots of the Sunrise.  I would normally have my photographer in tow but due to her bum ankle I'm on this mission alone.  I wanted to also head over to the Beach and walk down to Blind Pass.

Another First this year capturing more Sunrises than Sunsets


For some reason when it comes to the ocean I'm like that kid you tell to stay out of the water puddle.  If I'm near it I'm gonna get in in it.  What usually starts out as ankle deep ends up being knee deep in no time.  Just me and the relaxing sound of the waves to serenade me as I put on my best "Shell Whisperer" impression and begin scouring the surf line for treasures.

That gentle rolling wave sound is better than an Ipod in  my opinion.  If you close your eyes and put your ear to the computer speaker real close you can hear it!  What! You say it didn't work?  Well for those of you that know that sound I'm sure it now in the back of your head for the rest of the day now.  Your welcome!

I should have put on  my trunks but I was wearing shorts when I embarked on my mission and of course I had my wallet with me.  No way will I turn back I'll just make sure I don't get in too deep and keep my wallet dry.  OK, sounds like a plan go for it!  Well remember what I said about the kid in the water puddle?  I did manage to keep my wallet dry but also forgot that my phone was in my front lower pocket!!!!!  Ooooopppppps!  So my phone gets to spend the next two days sitting in a bag of rice to see if it will dry out.  Nana has put me in time out!  Oh well Life Happens we'll see if it turns back on in a couple of days.

Nana did go to Urgent care on Monday to get some meds for the ankle.  Going to urgent care while on vacation is another first for us.  Looks like it was a good decision because she has a little more giddy up in her limp today.  So on Tuesday she finally got back down to the beach.  Monday afternoon I came back to the house to help her get in the pool and she reminded me how strange it was for us to be at the pool while the other are down at the beach.  Shes right it is usually the other way around.

We made our own Beach Canopy this year to help provide some shelter from the sun while on the beach.  Our old one had an alunimun frame that didn't hold up well to the constant breeze coming off the ocean.  This new design actually relies on the ocean breeze to keep it aloft and seemed to work out very well.
                                                                                                     New Beach Canopy

                                               New Beach Canopy Beach Angel #3 "Skylar" approved



Scavenger Hunt List

The other Beach Angels continue to knock off items from their scavenger hunt.  Still no drink umbrella!!  When they collect or spot an item on their list they get a star by it.  The Beach Angels have also discovered breakfast this year.  They usually sleep in with the rest of the group while Nana and I sneak out.  Our little breakfast excursion on Tuesday led to some advanced souvenir scouting   at Sun Catcher Dreams.  Guess they are feeling pretty confident about completing their Scavenger hunt.

On Tuesday Rachelle and Don had a date night so Nana and I had a date night with the Beach Angels and went to Doc Fords for dinner.


 


The week is going by way too fast and I still have a couple of days to catch up with.  More to come.

Comments

Shelllady said…
Looks like it continues to be a week of firsts for you guys!! The sunrise photo is a BEAUTY! I think I prefer the sunrises....probably because it's a beginning of the day, not the end!! Love the new beach cover! I hope NaNa's ankle continues to improve! I'm still hanging there with you, Hubby will be coming down there in a couple of weeks and I have to stay here, lot going on, and can't leave!! :( How's the shelling? Was it worth the phone??
RC said…
The shelling has not been that great but one of the Beach Angels did find a shell I can not identify. I will be posting a picture once I get caught up on my post. Nana is a trooper and while her ankle is many shades of blue and purple even between the toes shes getting around better. The forum sure has been dead lately! Seems like it has lost some viewers. Stay tune I will get caught up with the post but may have to finish some once we get back home.

Popular posts from this blog

Superman & Tweety Bird

In the Blink of an Eye

Some Beach

Branson by the Ocean a.k.a. Gulf Shores Alabama

A Special Shell

Butt Cheek Beach

Welcome to Marathon

Merica Road Trippin! Chapter 2 "On The Road Again"

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 4 Heaven's Peak

Hump Days are "BS"