Tuesday's addition chasing the sunrise

So Tuesday we spent on the beach.  The nice thing about being right on the beach is you seem to spend much more time on it.  We have logged quite a few hours on beach time this week.  Since we only see it once a year the more time soaking up the sun and the surf the better.


On Tuesday morning we got out early Carol wanted to see if she could get some pictures of the sunrise.  We are not on the best part of the island for sunrise or sunset pictures we are spoiled from spending so much time on Captiva where sunset especially, is worshiped.

One beach Angel (Taylor) was up for the task the other Beach Angel (Lexi) did one of her favorite things SLEEP!

When we hit the beach like a kid and a mud puddle I'm drawn to the water and automatically go into treasure hunting mode.  I looked up and Carol and Taylor are gone.  They were on a mission to find that sunrise and it was some where down the beach around the bend.

A quick check of my pockets,  no cell phone check, no wallet check, OK I'm good to go.  To cover the most ground this morning I'll walk the surf line.  It's like a fresh canvas every time a new wave comes in and then retreats back to the ocean.  The shells are plentiful but I'm looking for something special to catch my eye.
 Breakfast Meeting
I came upon a spot where there was a large flock of Brown Pelicans congregating just off shore.  Every now and then a couple of new ones would glide in and join the flock.  For some reason it reminded me of a bunch of senior citizens meeting at the local McDonald's restaurant every morning for a bite to eat and conversation.  Don't know why but I couldn't get it out of my head.

If I was a sea bird I would prefer to be an Osprey instead of a Pelican.  Besides looking kinda goofy could you imagine getting a mouth full of sea water every time you went to catch a fish for dinner.  At least the Osprey uses their talons to catch their prey.

Osprey (yes)

Pelican (No)
There are around 20 turtle nest within a half mile stretch of the beach around us. I saw volunteers with the SCCF out checking the beach for new crawls.  They were stopped at a crawl and they took a rake and smoothed out the sand. No sign of an active nest so not really sure why they were covering up the trail.  They mark the nest with barriers to keep you out.  If this stretch of beach is any indicator it looks like it will be a good turtle season on Sanibel this year.

After about a hour the girls are back.  Carol said they made it down to Casa Ybel which is quite a hike from where we are staying but still wasn't able to get the kind of sunrise shots she's use to getting on Captiva.
Sunrise on Sanibel
Could someone point me to the ocean please

Welcoming a new day in paradise

A good hike and we made our way back to the condo.  Coffee and donuts today on the lanai as soon as Taylor and I get back from Jerry's me for the donuts and Taylor to say Hi to the parrots.


In this time where there's nothing good reported in the media one thing that stays constant is the sea breeze and sound of the rolling waves.  I can't think of a better way to replenish the soul.  







Comments

Shelllady said…
Thanks for the posts RC, I totally agree ....I would rather be an Osprey, and Sanibel is definitely the place to replenish the soul....God and I have had many a conversation walking together along that surf line! Glad you are able to do that! How long are you staying?
RC said…
Leaving on Saturday :(
Shelllady said…
Oh my!! You need more time to make up for the time you missed!!

Popular posts from this blog

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 4 Heaven's Peak

Merica Road Trippin! Chapter 2 "On The Road Again"

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 5 "America the Beautiful"

A special Find

Some Beach

Paradise Found!

Time Out Tuesday

A Special Shell

Exploration beyond the beach