Spending some time with my side Chick

 I'm going to spend some time with my side chick this week.  It's been well over a year since I've seen her. Last time was only for a few short hours.  She was recovering from a tragic event that happen in September 2022.  It left her bruised and battered and even forced some of her friends to leave her permanently.

I've been in this relationship for many years now. I first met her in the 90s. I wasn't sure if we would hit it off. That first time, she burned the top of my feet so bad that they were swollen.  I couldn't wear shoes, barely walk, and spent the ride home with my feet propped up on a cooler in the car while my wife drove. Yes, my wife, See she loves my side chick too!  As a matter of fact, the whole family and lots of others love her as well.  People have told me that when they are with her, they are in their Happy Place!

She is still showing some scars from that dark day in her past, but with each day's passing she gets stronger, and we look forward to what the future will bring for her.  She has proven time and time again to be resilient and is well enough to welcome us back, so we will spend a week with her and visit some of her friends.  Many of her friends are returning now.  It will be nice to see some of them this week.

We've got some tagalongs with us this week, and I'm not referring to Girl scout cookies here.  Of course, my trusted co-pilot of 48 years (also known as NaNa) is on this trip. The back seats are occupied by a couple of Beach Angels (Taylor & Skylar) and their Mom(Rachelle).  Taylor is one of the OG Beach Angels, her first trip to meet my side chick was at 6 months, Taylor is now 17.  Skylar has met my side chick before but at 4 months old probably doesn't remember her, at 9 years old this trip we are looking forward to building many memories with her and my side chick.


Skylar's first visit at 4 months

Skylar today


Taylor with NaNa


Our Tagalongs


After 17 years back again to Beach Breeze

We have a first this year.  It's the first time in 17 years that we are staying in a house we stayed in before.  It just so happens to be the same one we stayed in on Taylor's very first visit to meet my side chick.  

So stay tune this week and will share our visit and maybe you will come to like my side chick also.  Her name is Paradise. 

My side chick!
                                 


 



Comments

Shelllady said…
Yayyyyy! So glad to hear you are back to paradise! I’m anxious to read about your adventures!

How long are you there? We hope to get down later this week!
Rc said…
Till Saturday

Popular posts from this blog

Superman & Tweety Bird

Paradise Healing

Paradise Lost?