The Sequel-Curtain Call

Sorry if I have been non-existent for the last couple of days.  The Beach Angels traded in their halos for a set of mouse ears.  Yep we left Paradise on Sadurday morning around 7:30.  The Angels thought we were taking mommy AKA The Handler and Chris AKA The Roadie to the airport in Orlando. About 5 miles from WDW.  The Handler gave the beach angel a note.  About being good and that mommy was going to Disney World.  The Beach Angel thought Mommy was going alone without her.  It was hilarious. But really Disney with long sweaty lines and a lot of people who don't speak English and doing it for three days.  WHAT WAS I THINKING????

Anyway back to paradise for just a few more minutes.  Then I got to go to breakfast and find Goofy.  Friday was really a repeat of alot of the days this year, Beach.  We probably spent more time this year than we have in years past.  I kept finding my self humming "Some Beach" by Blake Shelton several times throughout the week.  The shelling gods were not good to us at all.  But I really don't come to Captiva for the shelling.  We were about 1/4 of a mile down the beach from Blind Pass and it was pretty secluded.  Yes we could see the people down at Blind pass and few spotted sun worshipers along the way but we probably didn't have anybody more than a couple of hundred yards next to us all week.  It was like having our own private beach.

I've had a couple of people ask about the house we stayed in.  Just google Captiva Cottage and you will find it.  The accommodations were fine.  Margarethe cares about her place and it was probably better stocked than some of the more upscale homes we have stayed in on Captiva.  Things like spices for cooking, extra TP plenty of towels and wash cloths.  I remember one year we had to go to Baileys and buy some wash cloths so we didn't have to share the one single cloth the house came with.  The pool was great I only wish it had a screen because I would have used it more in the evening.  The mosquitoes were terrible this year. (Did I mention that before?)

You know you meet some of the nicest people on the BOSC forum.  I have had the privilege to meet a few on line.  One of which is O2binsanibel,  I call her my Oprah of Sanibel.  She was nice enough to mail me her unused Kiwanis Coupon book it has a lot of BYGOF for local resturants on Sanibel and Captiva.  We used it a few times.  If you are coming down to the island soon and could put the book to good use.  I would be happy to mail it to you once we return home on Wed.  Just PM me. First come first serve.  O2b one kind act desreves another now its my turn to do one also.  Thanks again. 

If you remeber I talked about a first we had this year earlier in the report.  The oldest Beach Angel actually held her breath and went underwater this year.  Shes really starting to come out of her shell. She has also discovered roller coasters.  Anyway she conned me out of buying a necklace she saw at a local gift shop for her underwater feat.  Next time I go to do better due diligence.  The Director and I went to pick it up after out last Breakfast on Sanibel Friday morning.  Ok I'll keep my word but $40 for a shell on a piece of leather.  Oh well it was a pretty shell.


Once back at home I will sort through the many pictures and try to provide one last entry with several of the pictures.

I found a new motto for myself this year while on the island.  "Take life with a grain of Salt and a slice of Lime"  sums it up perfectly.

Comments

Kim@Snug Harbor said…
Your angel is adorable and that smile is worth way more than the price of the necklace!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Marathon

Exploration beyond the beach

Beach Angel turns 10

Some of today's "BS"

Soccer PaPa

In the Blink of an Eye

Hey Mike,Mike,Mike Hump Days are not allowed on vacation!

Sand Dollars, Starfish, Stingrays and Sandy Sanibel

"The Sequel"-Day2

Finding your "Happy Place"