I'm RC and I'm addicted to paradise

The first step is being able to admit your addiction.  "I'm RC and I'm addicted to paradise".

While I'll be the first to admit paradise was not as good to me this year as she has been in years past.  She is still of course paradise and who can resist her sweet temptation.

I don't think we will make the trip again during a holiday weekend.  The crowds were much larger than we are use to and well I guess I'm spoiled and I like having Paradise all to my self.  I can now imagine what it must be like during peak season when paradise has many suitors.  She can't please them all and hey she doesn't have to she's paradise.

My addiction with her began many years ago and there is no 12 step program that can release you from the grips of paradise.  You'll accept whatever she throws at you because you just want to be with her.  It does't matter if her seas are rough or her sunsets are few as long as you can be with her its all you long for.  

Paradise will occasionally give you mementos from your time together whether it be in the form of a photographic moment or a gift from the sea she'll entice you again and again to return and spend more time with her.


I'm guilty of introducing others to Paradise so I guess I'm considered a Paradise Pusher.  Being introduced at such a young age means years of dealing with an addiction to paradise that will most likely last a lifetime. No matter how Paradise treats you you'll remember her always and the joy you had just being with her.


So while our time together was short Paradise need not worry she knows I'll return to her again.  She knows I will bring others and introduce them to her as well.  If I could I would spend the rest of my life with her but  I can't for now so we can only visit from time to time but I think of her often and the memories that she has given me.  Farewell sweet paradise.



Ok,  since I now have admitted to you all my addiction I must also take another important step.  and admit that I recently went in the closet.  Now before you begin to get too excited please let me explain.  Our trip back began early Saturday morning around 6:30 a.m. we bid farewell to paradise.  After a long 13 hour drive we arrive in Chatanooga TN.  We were all pretty beat especially due to the last hour of the trip in pouring rain.  (Seems like the rain we experienced most of the week was working its way north.)

I had booked a room at Springhill suites and we would rest there overnight and continue our journey Sunday morning back to Missouri.  I don't know how when or where but somehow I have gotten a bad rap for being a loud snorer.  So much so that the wife brought earplugs for the others if they needed them.  After a quick dinner we return to the room and nobody waste anytime getting to bed.

Within 10 minutes others in our group are out and SNORING not just one of them mind you but it was like a course of dueling banjos.  The wife comes to bed from the shower and I promptly have to tell her "Its not me". So I get out of bed and move to the other side of the room where there is a large couch and a pull out bed.  The beach Angels are asleep on the pull out but there is a small room divider between the living area and the beds. No luck the dueling banjos are still at it.

Then it comes to me this room had one of the largest closets I had ever seen in a hotel room.  It was actually a walk-in closet. and it had a door.  It was a good 5'6" deep.  So as you probably already guessed it I went there.That night I officially went IN the closet.  I can't ever remember paying money to sleep in a closet.  While it could have been a couple of inches longer I put the cushions from the couch on the floor shut the door and stayed there till around 3:00 in the morning when the wife came and got me to come to bed because it was all clear and the dueling banjos were silent.

Obviously it gave my daughter great pleasure knowing she could payback dad for his past snoring.

As promised we did not even come close to using all of the Kiwanis Coupons during our stay 
I think we used about 5 or 6 coupons out of the book. there is still probably around 22 coupons left.  THE LUCKY WINNER IS????


 OH BEACHWALKER!

I will close with just some random photos from the week.
Waiting for dusk and the fireworks from the causeway on July 4th

Sorry didn't have the good camera with us for the fireworks on Sanibel viewed from the causeway.





 Caution: These two snore!!!


Don bets Lexi she can't hook the ring in 20 tries.  17th try pay up sucker!  That'll be $5 please.

 Living area Captiva Cutie 
 Kitchen Area Captiva Cutie
 Beach angels room for the week at Captiva Cutie
 2nd bedroom Captiva Cutie
 Master Bedroom Captiva Cutie
 Pool area Captiva Cutie Girls loved the pool and hot tub






If you read my earlier post you know I made a deal with the Beach Angels one Junonia for NaNa meant anything they wanted from a local shop on Sanibel.  Sorry and both happy to report No Junonia for NaNa and no trampoline for PaPa to buy.  But still a week of great memories.

Comments

Kim@Snug Harbor said…
I am a Sanibel junkie, so I totally understand how you feel. Glad you had a great trip. Here's to the next one - cheers!
Shelllady said…
...again...Great post RC...remember, you dont have to be on a trip to post!! :)

Thanks for taking us along!!

Popular posts from this blog

Soccer PaPa

Finding your "Happy Place"

Welcome to Marathon

Hey Mike,Mike,Mike Hump Days are not allowed on vacation!

Exploration beyond the beach

Ticket to paradise

Manatee Alert!!!!!

"The Sequel"-Day2

Butt Cheek Beach