Prepping for Paradise

OK! Its time to blow the dust off this blog and get ready to share our next adventures in Paradise.  In my book Paradise is Captiva/Sanibel Florida.
A place where we call our home every one-two years for a week away from the daily grind.

I'm drawn to Captiva so that is where we set up our home base for the week.  We also seem to zero in on Laika  Lane.  We have stayed at several of the houses on Laika lane over the years and this one will be no different.  This one is a Cutie!

Our group this year will be the usual suspects.  My granddaughters, the beach angels.  My daughter, wife and a new rookie to Sanibel/Captiva my daughter's boyfriend.

So the truck is washed, waxed and ready to load.  Its become somewhat of a ritual to put a coat of wax on before the trip.  Some say its because I want to have a nice looking vehicle to start off on the trip.  In reality it makes it easier to clean all the love bugs and other unfortunate insects that meet their demise somewhere along the 1200 mile journey we are about to take.

We are busy packing and trying to figure out how to stuff half the house into the back of my truck.  To top it off my daughter who is driving in another vehicle wants to pack some of their stuff in the truck too!  I should have told her "This ain't Southwest Airlines bags don't fly for free".(hehe)  We'll be leaving in the wee hours Friday morning.

We'll share the week with you if you care to come along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Marathon

A Special Shell

Sand Dollars, Starfish, Stingrays and Sandy Sanibel

Soccer PaPa

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 5 "America the Beautiful"

The Sequel-Day4

Superman & Tweety Bird

In the Blink of an Eye

Branson by the Ocean a.k.a. Gulf Shores Alabama

"The Sequel"-Day2