Superman & Tweety Bird

Thursday morning it was time for more seafood omelet research.  We went to the Island Cow and I got a what?  answer: Seafood Omelet.  Just seeing if you've been paying attention.  The cow's omlete did have a pretty good amount of seafood but the crab meat was only shreds and there was more shrimp than anything.  There was also a watery consistency to the inside of the omelet that was most likely from not suffciently draining the seafood before adding it to the omlete. So ranking order so far IMO is:
1.  Hungry fisherman @  Lighthouse Cafe
2.  Crab & asparagus omelet @ Amy's Over Easy
3.  Loaded Seafood Omelet @ Island Cow

On Thursday the high rollers came to Captiva.  I'm not referring to a group from vegas with money to burn, but mother nature rockin the waves in the gulf.  You know it's rough when you look down the beach as far as the eye can see and there is not more than a hand full of people in the water.

We went into the water for about 2 minutes and then headed back to the beach chairs to soak in some vitamin D and do some people watching.  A strong breeze was constant it would make for a good nap for sure.

Told ya!  I hate it when she does that

So between naps were sitting on the beach if you were in the water it was going to be with a boogie board.  I have been tied to one most of this week but I don't boogie more like just hang off of it and chill.  Then along comes Superman and Tweetybird.

I call them Superman and Tweety bird because he had a Superman boogie board and her's was a tweety bird. They were a couple about our age.  They took a beating, but put on quite a show.  He would always grab her hand and try to help her whenever he thought she needed help.  I couldn't give them a high score for style but they sure got a 10 for effort. We shot some video but unfortunately due to a wardrobe malfunction I can't put it on the blog.

I love these trees wish I could grow one in my yard in MO

Thursday was our anniversary so we went to Thistle lodge for a nice dinner.  Mojitos, Mango Margaritas, Grouper and Filet.  Finish that off with some cheesecake and coffee.  I have not had a bad meal here yet.  There was a couple on the beach getting married.  I guess for some reason they thought ballons would make for a good decoration.  The ocean breeze pretty much was stripping the balloons free one by one.  So 38 years ago on Thursday we got married and as I sat there and watched  the younge couples ceremony I had no idea 38 years earlier that I would end up coming to a place like Sanibel. Lifes been good. 

Celebrating 38 Years of putting up with each other at Thistle lodge





Say Cheeeese cake



Water feature at Casa Ybel

Put em up!  Put em up


Friday morning started off with some thunder and rain.  I had mentioned a place we had shopped earlier in the week called Wilford and Lee.  It just so happens one of my fellow bloggers "Shelllady" also has a home down here in Ft. Myers She loves Wilford and Lee and informs me that there is a bigger store in Ft. Myers.  So can you guess where we spent the morning.  Thanks "Shelllady" a.k.a "O2Binsanibel"  Hope you don't mind we put it all on your tab!!

So have you been giving anymore thought about what kind of shell you are??  I also be thinking about types of shells for some of the special people in my life.  
Taylor, my granddaughter and beach angel is a 
Coquina.  
Taylor, Coquina (Small but colorful)

Still trying to come up with one for Lexi the other Beach Angel.  Our youngest granddaughter 
Adalynn will hopefully get her shell name next year if she comes down with us.

Comments

Shelllady said…
What did you get at Williford and Lee? Isn't it a fun store?? I should have mentioned that there is a Bealls outlet next door and a Bealls at the end of that same shopping center....and a Home Goods across the street!! I try to make that trip every time we go!! Sure I don't mind that you put it on my tab...they should know me...and know that I am filthy rich!! :D Loving your Blog posts!

Do you like your new cameras?

Loving your Blog posts!
RC said…
O2B
The cameras are working out fine. I really like the lock mechanism on the Nikon water camera. It's a positive lock and no way to accidentally open it at the wrong time. I'm also please with the telescopic range on the Canon powershot. I really thought we would miss the Canon DSLR but its kind of nice not having to lug all the extra lenses around.

As far as Wilford and Lee don't worry we left plenty of stuff there for you when you make your next trip. Some copper wall art and a nice painting was the big items.

I left a really cool carved sea turtle there for you to pick up for me at Christmas. Its only $500:P
Shelllady said…
Okay, I got it!!! Thanks for the Christmas idea!!
:D

Popular posts from this blog

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 5 "America the Beautiful"

Sand Dollars, Starfish, Stingrays and Sandy Sanibel

Soccer PaPa

Exploration beyond the beach

Welcome to Marathon

In the Blink of an Eye

Boogie Board Beach Angels

Some of today's "BS"

Branson by the Ocean a.k.a. Gulf Shores Alabama

Tuesday's addition chasing the sunrise