Ticket to paradise

$6 for a ticket to paradise.  I'll take it.
Sanibel Causeway Price for admission $6


We're here!  Great trip down we actually arrived earlier than we normally would and we even made a stop in Sarasota to pick up a new water camera.  On day one we stopped in Valdosta Ga.  We got a text from our daughter she was surprised we made it there as quickly as we did then she politely ask us to let her out of the trunk!  I know she really wanted to come but a new job this year meant no trip for her and the Beach Angels.  I'm sure we will torture her all week long with text and pictures.

We'll  put this new camera through the paces this week and hope that it holds up better than the Fujifilm one  did. It bit the dust while we were vacationing down here a couple years ago.  I really wanted to get a Panasonic Lumix T5 but it was impossible to find it without ordering it on-line and we waited too long and didn't think we could get it delivered in the mail before we left.


Nikon Coolpix AW 120
The wife also decided she no longer wanted to lug all the equipment around using her Canon DSLR so we are using a Canon Powershot for the other  pictures this year.  It will be interesting to see how the pictures turn out since there are two new cameras to get use to.
 
Do you use a water camera when at the beach?  If so what?  Not really sure why I need a GPS and WiFi in my camera but it seems like they will do anything today to put on a few more bells and whistles so they can jack up the price!

This year since it is just the two of us we are staying at Captiva Shores in a condo.  Its facing the gulf, small but comfortable.  We spent the first few hours here in the gulf and got to catch our first sunset.
 
Sunset on Captiva

 
We went for a late dinner at George & Wendy's.  Live music and Drunken Grouper for dinner.  Just the first of several days of seafood on the agenda.  For some reason Grouper is hard to get back home and I love grouper.
 
As you can see by the picture the wife is not big on seafood
 
 
As I mentioned this year it is just the wife and I.  The Beach Angels and their mom didn't come.  We were also blessed with another future Beach Angel.  My son and his wife had their first baby.  Hopefully will add  Adalynn to future trips to paradise.  Going to miss her for the next couple of weeks
The nerve of some people running off to Paradise without me!





 
We are going to miss the Beach Angels also.  We hope they have fun with Memaw and PaPa Brett at their pool.  The youngest slipped a picture in PaPa's luggage.  I think it was a bribe for me to bring her something back from paradise.
 
Sunday morning started on the Lania taking in the cooler morning breeze and watching the ocean.  I really feel a stretch of lazy coming on!  We started off with breakfast at the Lighthouse Café.  Hungry fisherman for breakfast yum!
 
The day was spent with Speedboats, Banana boats, Paddle boards and Parasails.  Not me mind you I was too busy getting lazy!  It was a picture perfect day and was obvious by all the water activities that were going on.
 
NOT ME

COOL, BUT NOT ME

NOPE, NOT ME


YOU GUESSED IT, NOT ME


YEP ME, GETTIN LAZY

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Comments

Shelllady said…
Love it!! I'm feeling more relaxed already!! I have the Lumix TS4 waterproof camera....had the TS3 and kept it in my pocket underwater for 10 days and it died!! My bad...I pushed the limits!! Now I have the TS4 and don't put it under the water for long periods of time (while digging in the sand!) It takes great pics, the GPS is fun because it puts a 'pin' on a map where each picture was taken in my iphoto. Just a neat 'bell'.

I hope you and MeMaw have a nice relaxing time....I'll try to be quiet and not bother you two while I tag along!! Enjoy yourselves and relax!! :D
Kim@Snug Harbor said…
We missed you by mere days. We ate at Lighthouse Cafe our last morning and it was yummy. We ate at The Green Flash this year - a first for us, and we will be back.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Popular posts from this blog

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 5 "America the Beautiful"

Sand Dollars, Starfish, Stingrays and Sandy Sanibel

Soccer PaPa

Exploration beyond the beach

Welcome to Marathon

In the Blink of an Eye

Boogie Board Beach Angels

Some of today's "BS"

Branson by the Ocean a.k.a. Gulf Shores Alabama

A Special Shell