How Do You Handle your "BS"?

 You know if there is a "BS" day of the week most of you would probably agree its Mondays.  Except for my retired friends they don't have a "BS" day for them everyday is a Saturday!

Beach & Soaking in the Gulf

Monday was a perfect beach day the gulf was calm so no worries about the "BBSBS" flairing up.  I went out early to install the Sun Shade.  I got a surprise when I reached my destination.  Overnight a turtle had come ashore right near where we have been sitting on the beach this week.  In all the years coming here I never saw an actual turtle crawl.  I have always seen the results of their visit when the Sanibel Captiva Conservation Foundation would stake out the nesting site and place "Do Not disturb signs".   There are currently 3 active nesting sites near where we are on the beach.

The best way to explain what a crawl looks like would be to describe it as tractor tire tracks.  From the size and spacing of these tracks I would have estimated this turtle to have been somewhere between 3-4 feet in diameter.  Unfortunately this girl decide not to nest because the the Conservation folks came through later and checked the site.  It was a "false crawl".  I wish I would have had my camera with me to take a picture of it.  I have posted a picture from the internet so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

A false turtle crawl 

Monday was breakfast at Over Easy Cafe.  I had "BS" for breakfast Benedict Shrimp Carol said they looked like Boobies!  I ate them anyway😜


Benedict Shrimp Amy's Over Easy 



Tuesday is another glorious super calm Day on the Gulf. I know many of you back home are coping with a lot of "BS" right now in the form of triple digit temperatures.  Believe me its hot down here too but its a different kind of "BS".  Here's how we handle "BS" in Captiva!



This is how we handle "BS" in Captiva!


Beach & Sand Sculptures

It's kind of a tradition when the Beach Angels are with us to do a little sand Art.  Meet "Oliver" our 2022 Beach art.  Got to admit we kind of gave up on poor Oliver half way through the process the sun was very hot today and soaking in the gulf seemed like the NO BS thing to do


"Oliver"

Beach and Sealife

We had a visitor this afternoon he was just passing by to give us his approval of Oliver.





Beach Angels at Sunset on Monday



 I think we're handling the "BS" pretty well. Looking forward to more the week has to offer.



Beach Sunset on Tuesday



Stay Tune more "BS" to come

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Marathon

Hey Mike,Mike,Mike Hump Days are not allowed on vacation!

Finding your "Happy Place"

Soccer PaPa

Butt Cheek Beach

Beach Art

In the Blink of an Eye

Boogie Board Beach Angels

Exploration beyond the beach

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 4 Heaven's Peak