Some of today's "BS"

 Today we started our day with some "BS".  

Breakfast & Strawberry Preserves

Our usual opening parlay into a week of eating out and consuming adult beverages. No better place to start than the Lighthouse Cafe. The crowds seem a little lighter this year.  Not sure why but I know people are dealing with a lot of "BS".  Hopefully my "BS" this week will make you smile.

Waitress comes to the table "Hi you all ready to order."  Me: "You kidding I been waiting a year for this" I could go on and on about my breakfast choice but you've heard that before.  Today we'll focus on something else that the Lighthouse does really well.  They make their own strawberry preserves and serve it in a little container.  Take that hot buttered toast and dip it in there.  OMG it's pure heaven. We can't leave Sanibel without taking a few of jars home every year.  It's kinda become a tradition.


Lighthouse Cafe "Beach Angel Approved"





On the Left a jar Sanibel's pure heaven
On the right makes "BS" more enjoyable!

 
So back from breakfast its time for some more "BS".

Broken Boogie Boards & Strong Surf

Today mother nature was letting it rip in the gulf.   NaNa and the youngest Beach Angel were contemplating getting in but decided pretty quickly that it wasn't going to happen today.  Me on the other hand it was more like a hold my beer moment.

I grabbed a boogie board and headed for the gulf.  I should have known better.  I have BBSBS and rough water will usually cause it to flair up.  I charged into the first few crashing waves that were close to shore thinking if I could just get a little further out everything would be ok.  Phew! I made it.  I looked in at NaNa and the youngest Beach Angel and saw the look of terror on our Beach Angels face.  I looked back towards the gulf and it was coming the biggest wave of the day!  Split second decision time here folks.  Dive under the water or try to get up and ride this sucker in.  One second later, Wrong Decision Boogie board breaks and mother nature is beating me like a rag doll.  Of course now the BBSBS kicks in.  Im almost back to shore before I can  get to my feet and when I do we almost had a full moon on Captiva today in the middle of the day.   I stayed out of the gulf the rest of the day.

After dinner we went back for more "BS"

Beach Angels and Sunset

Oldest Beach Angel hasn't been feeling her best fighting some allergies


Our little Ball of fire Holding a ball of fire!


By the way I forgot to tell you more about "BBSBS" in case you were wondering.  I haven't been clinically diagnosed but it is a common problem that many men face especially as we get older.  It is controllable with proper diet and exercise.  BBSBS = BIG BELLY SMALL BUTT SYNDROME  a major side effect is losing your swim trunks and now you know. 

P.S. NaNa says trying to get a hot shower with two teenage Beach Angels in the same house is total BS!

Enough "BS" for today.









   



Comments

Jim Manahan said…
Lol! Sounds like the adventure is just beginning! ☺️
Shelllady said…
Love this! Your posts always make me smile and I feel like I’m right there with you!

Popular posts from this blog

Finding your "Happy Place"

Welcome to Marathon

Soccer PaPa

Hey Mike,Mike,Mike Hump Days are not allowed on vacation!

Ticket to paradise

Manatee Alert!!!!!

Butt Cheek Beach

Exploration beyond the beach

In the Blink of an Eye

Boogie Board Beach Angels