Some Beach

Posting a little later today sitting out on the lania listening to the thunder roll and having a glass of Liquid Lubrication. Strawberry/Plum wine 2008.  (It was a very good year).  As you regulars on the forum know I enjoy making homemade wine.  This one was actually made by a friend of mine.  His name is Gil.  He's the one that introduced me to the art of winemaking. 
Strawberry Plum 2008
 
Gil is best described as one of those country boys that can survive. He's does it all from making his own deer sausage to turning various fruits into liquid lubrication he makes some good stuff!  The first time I saw him making deer sausage I was a bit perplexed he was using the camper on the back of his old Ford pickup as a smoker.  I thought the darn truck was on fire when I first saw it.  Some of the best deer sausage I ever ate.

Before I get to todays agenda I should back up a bit to dinner last night.  The wife and I headed out to Thistle Lodge.  It has become a regular dinner date for us we started a few years back.  Andrew once again our waiter nice guy. 

Last night there was a young couple there getting married on the beach.  Poor thing I'm sure when she planned her grand event she was hoping for one of those picture perfect sunsets on the beach.  Instead she gets clouds, Rain, breeze blowing 20 gusting to 35.  Hope its not a sign of the future for them cause it sure was rough waters last night.  But who knows in todays world it doesn't seem like marriage is forever like it was once meant to be.


 
Thistle Lodge

Thistle Lodge view from restaurant
 
The sunset once again failed to launch last night so we grabbed a couple of Redbox and headed back to home base.  Sorry to see the little video store next to Baileys didn't survive.  Probably like all other mom and pop operations Redbox did them in.

Seems like the beach Angels aren't banking on a pay off from PaPa this year.  The littlest one last night was giving foot baths and foot massage.  After she was finished she would say "that will be $2 please".  Hmmm turning into quite the little entrepreneur!  Where she came up with foot baths and foot massage beats me. she's only six.  She managed to get Don (my daughters boyfriend) and NaNa.  When she asked me if I wanted one I said "I didn't know if it was worth $2". She told me it was smell Don's feet!  I told her if I smelled Don's feet she would have to pay me $2!

We woke up today around 5:00 this morning to the ole to familiar thunderstorm and begin to think here we go again.  So we decided on a laid back breakfast on the porch and then decided to take a walk to the beach.  We didn't even take any chairs because our expectations weren't that high.

Surprise! the best day so far.  The water was more manageable.  Got some sun and shells now this is what we had in mind.
 
Storms approaching in again around 2:00 p.m.  today I decide to retreat yesterday I got caught down there and mother nature gave me a spanking.  You know your down there and already wet so you think what the heck why not. Right?  Wrong sandblasted by the sand and hey that water is cold and kinda stings!
 
Later part of the afternoon spent at the pool.  Good thing the beach angels aren't made of sponge they have logged so much pool time so far this week there wouldn't be any water left in the pool.  Might have to change their nickname to pool angels.

That smile says it all!
 
Ok at least two of you are country music fans and guessed Kenny Chesney to yesterdays question.  Good work Cheri and Kim.
Now here is another.  "Where the white sandy beach meets water like glass and if the tide carries us away baby we'll roll with it, won't think about it too much"  Who sings it?
 
Well the wine is gone time for some peanut butter pie. Later

Comments

Shelllady said…
I have to admit, I cheated on this one....Easton Corbin. I am terrible with naming the songs/singers though I know them when I hear them!! I'm sorry the weather is not cooperating for you, but hey, anything is ok when you are in paradise....right?!

It looks like you did okay in the shell department!! ....and did you save me a piece of the peanut butter pie??
Kim@Snug Harbor said…
The pool looks like a nice bonus! I didn't know this song either.
RC said…
Cheri
Sorry I was a pig the pies gone!!!:)
RC said…
Kim the pool saved the week!

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Shell

Welcome to Marathon

Sand Dollars, Starfish, Stingrays and Sandy Sanibel

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 5 "America the Beautiful"

The Sequel-Day4

Superman & Tweety Bird

In the Blink of an Eye

Some of today's "BS"

Soccer PaPa

"The Sequel"-Day2