Hey Mike,Mike,Mike Hump Days are not allowed on vacation!

So I have been a little behind in posting to the blog this year.  The time is flying by way too fast.  Wednesday's plan was a day at the beach.  I started off by getting a few shots of the sunrise from the dock.  Nothing like watching the world wake up in paradise.  I was then off to Baileys for some Doughsants.  This was another first for us.  We never heard of a doughsant before but thought what the heck lets give them a try.  I kind of envisioned the light airy texture of a croissant mixed with the glazed goodness of a doughnut.
The folks at Baileys are so polite.  The lady at the Bakery counter told me this batch came out smaller than normal so they gave me double the amount for the same price!

The outside was like I expected but there was some sort of filling inside a little like a cream cheese but with some sort of flavoring that was not sweet.  Sorry not a big fan of the doughsant  

er

Doughsants from Baileys

We headed to the beach after breakfast the ocean was rolling in with a bit more force today so we turned our focus on honing our skills on our Beach Art.  The Beach Angels and I built a Captiva Crocky.  The oldest Beach Angel "Lexi"  named our crocky "Coconut".




Captiva Crocky "Coconut"  She needs to invest in a good dental plan!

 So we made a couple of new batches of wine to bring down with us on vacation this year.  I thought it would be for medicinal purpose of course,   We heard about a carpenter from the Fort Myers area that caught some rare form of flesh eating bacteria. Best they can figure he contracted it while walking in the gulf and apparently had a wound on his foot. Strictly as a precaution I told Rachelle that it is a known fact that alcohol kills bacteria and there's alcohol in wine so I figured if we consumed enough we would be OK or wouldn't care one way are another.


Blueberry Beach Blast & Watermelon Crawl to be consumed for medicinal purposes only!
 
One of the Beach Angels "Taylor" found what I thought was a rather unique Shell this year.  It might be common but I have not seen one before.  I'm hoping one of my shelling experts can chime in and tell me what it is,  The Scavenger hunt has definitely made the Beach Angels pay closer attention to their surroundings this week. We didn't have any luck finding the drink umbrellas so they made a couple out of paper, toothpicks and chewing gum.  Great thinking girls!

.

What shell is this?

On Wednesday evening after dinner the Beach Angels and I took a walk back to the beach to check on "Coconut"(our beach art from earlier in the day) and while there we found a coconut that had washed ashore.  The angels thought it looked like a funny face.  We walked all the way down to Blind pass.  I left my phone at the house this time comfortably resting in a bag of rice.  Still trying to dry it out from my adventure on Tuesday.  I really enjoy looking for things on the beach and doing it with these two make it even better.


We also gave the girls journals on the way down this year so they could document their week.  Most of their entries have been about the Scavenger hunt but they also both wrote about their baby sister "Skylar" who decided to do a first of her own this week by rolling over.  Both of the Beach Angels thought it was important enough event to write about it in their journals.  Who know maybe someday they will be our next bloggers.



Our path to the beach this week



Daddy helping our newest Beach Angel  "Skylar" get aquatinted with the ocean 












Comments

Shelllady said…
Awesome job of the Sand art...Coconut looks pretty scary!! :D Your photos are wonderful, and I just think the scavenger hunt idea is awesome....I will have to copy that when we finally get to take our grandson to Sanibel!....loving your posts....yeah the forum is dead these days, though I just noticed that they joined facebook, maybe trying to 'generate business'!!
Shelllady said…
BTW RC ....the shell is called an "Imperial Venus" shell....took me some time to find out what it is.....all my shell books are now down there in Florida, finally found it in the Sanibel/Captiva guide!!
Kim@Snug Harbor said…
Really beautiful photos. The scavenger hunt was such an awesome idea.
Kim@Snug Harbor said…
Oh, I forgot to ask - did you try the donuts at Bennetts on Periwinkle? They are really good.
RC said…
kim
Is Bennetts a bakery? I havent heard of this place. I will have to check out or next visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Special Shell

Sand Dollars, Starfish, Stingrays and Sandy Sanibel

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 5 "America the Beautiful"

In the Blink of an Eye

Some of today's "BS"

The Sequel-Day4

Exploration beyond the beach

Superman & Tweety Bird

Boogie Board Beach Angels

Some Beach