What’s your Happy Place?

  





Is it a destination?  After all, as the name implies you might think of it as a physical location. Perhaps it’s a State of Mind.  Your self-reflection reveals a calming relaxed state and that makes you happy.


It could be a memory that thought that’s locked deep inside your mind.  It could of happen yesterday, last week, or 20 years ago something from a past time.  It was special then and when the times right that memory comes to you like it just happen and it makes you smile; it is taking you to your “Happy Place”.  


It could be an activity.  It brings you great joy.  It's not something you take for granted its special.  For me it’s all those things.  The destination:  26.527578, -82.194817 those coordinates will take you to my “Happy Place” also known as Captiva Island Florida.  Some good friends introduced us to this island paradise years ago and its tropical relaxed vibe creates a force that draws me back there time and time again.  It’s my “Happy Place”.


The definition of STATE OF MIND…. A person’s mood and the effect that mood has on one’s behavior and thinking.  For me the State of Mind begins early from planning where on the island we are going to stay.  The preparation and activities of loading up the dining room table weeks in advance of the trip so we don’t forget to pack it.  That anticipation of adventures to come all contribute to taking me to my “Happy Place”. 


When it comes to memories there are many.  From the pranks we played on one another when we made our very first visit to the island to sharing this magical place with other loved ones.  Two of my granddaughters pretty much grew up in this Happy Place on yearly trips on family vacations.  Scavenger Hunts, Long walks on the beachfinding that rare shell and becoming affectionately known as our Beach Angels all those memories take me to my “Happy Place”  One can only hope 20 years from now they will look back on those memories in their “Happy Place”.


Lexi our first Beach Angel




Taylor's first trip to our Happy Place









Skylar's first day at the Beach



Our Beach Angels today!



Got start Beach training for these 3 soon!

When it comes to activities and finding a “Happy Place” there are many. Most of them are in the simplest form and most treasured.  For me walking the surf and being drawn to the ocean looking for that one special shell.  I'm like a kid chasing the Ice Cream truck.  Feeling the breeze at it comes off the Gulf of Mexico.  Taking in all that nature has to offer.  Putting an explanation Point on the day by sharing a sunset with others that love it as much as I do.  Those all take me to my “Happy Place”. 






Who couldn't be happy here?


Carol and I are here in our “Happy Place” this week.  It’s just the two of us but I’ll do my best sharing our “Happy Place”.  I know some of you enjoy reading about it you’ve told me, in a way I guess it’s your Happy Place too!


If you would, please take the time to share What’s your “Happy Place” by leaving a comment.

Comments

Shelllady said…
I have just found you again RC!!! Somehow I missed your posts so I am catching up!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Mike,Mike,Mike Hump Days are not allowed on vacation!

Finding your "Happy Place"

Welcome to Marathon

Boogie Board Beach Angels

Soccer PaPa

Butt Cheek Beach

Superman & Tweety Bird

In the Blink of an Eye

Some Beach

Sand Dollars, Starfish, Stingrays and Sandy Sanibel