The Sequel-Day 3

Happy 7/11/11. Hope your lucky today.  I know I am after all I'm here.  Have I told you lately how much I love this place?  Probably not I'm not the mushy type but I do!  Today the Director and The exec. producer got out for breakfast while the rest of the cast spent time at home base doing some pre-soaking in the pool before we logged in another day at the beach.

My favorite breakfast on the Island has to be the Hungry Fisherman at the Lighthouse Cafe.  After breakfast a quick stop By Tropical wines but they were not open yet and the Director was getting itchy to get back to the beach.  I've been waiting over a year now to try their Watermelon wine and I'm gonna get some this year.  Just hope I don't have to break the window out of the place or pick the lock to do it.  JK! (seems like they're always closed when I stop by.

The Beach angels had a major breakthrough this year they actually managed to wrangle one of those Lizards they been chasing. After a few photo Ops and autographs the Lizard was sent on his Merry way. 

The shelling is not that great but "The Handler" did manage to find what we were told is one of the rarest shells around these parts.  It was in about 3-4 foot of water when she noticed the Red and Blue glimmers from the deep.  Yep, we took it to Baileys Shell Museum and confirmed its a Spiderman shell.  Normally travels with a male about 5 or 6 years of age.  We couldn't find the male.  The Handler says she will have nothing to do with getting her picture in the paper. 
I tried to take a page from one of my Professional shelling friends(O2binsanibel) I found a rope today and followed it to the end.  Its buried and I'm not sure if the tide is going to get low enough to be able to do any serious digging around it.  It was in about 3' of water today when I found it as I was walking across a shallow sandbar.  I want to know what is on the other end of that rope if you know what I mean.  Its like buried treasure.

The oldest Beach Angel had a good 7/11/11.  She found the lizard in the morning and in the afternoon while back at the pool she had another first.  She finally managed to stick her head under the water.  The Executive Producer bribing her with buying a necklace for her that she spotted at one of the local gift shop probably was the incentive that did it.  Way to go Lexi, tomorrow were gonna swim underwater across the pool.  Wonder what I'll have to bribe her with to get that?


Today ended with the Director and Exec. producer going to dinner at Ole Captiva house.  Great meal. Atmosphere was nice except for a few pesky flies that apparently have an appetite for exceptional food too.

Below a few other shots from the day. Note all live animals were released after photo op and autographs.




Comments

Shelllady said…
Hopefully you'll get to dig for that buried treasure!! Can you tell if there is anything down there? The best case is if you can actually feel something in the sand, otherwise you will probably need to find a buddy who owns a backhoe to hook you up!! :) If you can find some buried pen shells, they have proven to be good luck for us also!! It's a bit tedious, but has paid off!! Actually, anything that will trap the shells is what to look for....be prepared though, it makes for sore fingers!!

RC what kind of camera do you use underwater? I've been thinking I would like to have a camera out with me, so many times I see things I wish I could take a picture of, but my camera is not waterproof!!

Good luck with your treasure hunt, (for both the shells AND the wine!!)

o2binsanibel (shelllady!)
Kim@Snug Harbor said…
ROFL at the spiderman shell! I can't wait to hear how you liked the watermelon wine. That's an old Tom T. Hall song, you know. And I'm dying to hear about the rope leading to buried treasure....

Popular posts from this blog

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 5 "America the Beautiful"

Soccer PaPa

Sand Dollars, Starfish, Stingrays and Sandy Sanibel

Exploration beyond the beach

Welcome to Marathon

In the Blink of an Eye

Boogie Board Beach Angels

Some of today's "BS"

Branson by the Ocean a.k.a. Gulf Shores Alabama

"The Sequel"-Day2