"The Sequel"-Day1

So if this year’s trip is going to be titled “The Sequel” I should start off by introducing you all to the returning cast members.  Let’s start off by introducing the two leading ladies; A.K.A “The Beach Angels” Taylor at age four has been practicing Drama and Comedy for a few years now.  She’s also the daredevil in the group and has been performing her own stunts for sometime.  Believe me she’s got the bruises to prove it!  I must say I prefer her in the comedic role versus the dramatic.  NOTE TO ALL:  NO DRAMA ALLOWED ON VACATION!



The other angel Lexi at age eight takes a more reserved approach at things unless she’s wound up on a sugar high then both of the angels can be little devils.  Lexi is a shy country girl that enjoys being barefoot and wearing a good dress.



Their “Handler” A.K.A. “Mommy” or my daughter “Rachelle” is back again this year.  I can’t figure out though how “The Handler” gets to fly down while the “Beach Angels” have to travel with Nana and Papa in the truck?  Guess we’re going to have to review that at next contract time.



There’s also “The Director” A.K.A. Nana or my better half Carol.  She’s the one that truly does all the planning and directing to pull off such an event.  You should have seen my dining room table for the past two weeks while she’s been prepping to take this crew on location.  It’s amazing the things this lady can stuff into a Rubbermaid container!  Believe me after 35 years I’ve learned not to question it.



I’m actually giving my self a promotion this year.  I’m assuming the role of “Executive Producer” You know the person that’s not responsible for any of the technical or dramatic aspects of the event.  I just handle the business affairs which is code for show me the money!



I prefer this role versus my previous role as the “Roadie” in the role of the “Roadie” you have to be part pack mule.  You should see the things this crew takes to the beach!



We do have a “Roadie” this year A.K.A “The handler’s boyfriend” or “Chris”.  He’s back again this year and he still plays golf and I’m still trying to introduce him to the alligators over at the golf course.  I need to be smart about this though I wouldn’t want to loose my “Roadie” to early in the week otherwise I will get demoted.



We got here around at noon on Saturday.  We had to pick up the “The Handler” and “The Roadie” at the airport.  It was a good trip down.  We have a new record we didn’t get the first “Are we there yet” till about 3 hours into our 17 hour trip. Since the truck was FULL to overload capacity we delayed picking up provisions until after dinner. Never thought I'd see so many people at Wal-Mart at 10:30 at night.



The cast had dinner at Doc Fords.  We introduced the Roadie to Wasabi last night.  He did say he likes hot things!



We finally got settled in after Midnight. This morning we were up a little later than normal.
 First stop the “Beach Angels”, “Director” and the EP are off to Breakfast.  I think I hear Amy’s over easy calling.  



As you can see I take a little different approach to my trip reports.  You got to stay with me from the beginning or you’ll be lost for sure. Even I get lost without a GPS. So stay tuned as “The sequel “gets underway.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Marathon

Exploration beyond the beach

Beach Angel turns 10

Some of today's "BS"

Soccer PaPa

In the Blink of an Eye

Hey Mike,Mike,Mike Hump Days are not allowed on vacation!

Sand Dollars, Starfish, Stingrays and Sandy Sanibel

"The Sequel"-Day2

Finding your "Happy Place"