Manatee Alert!!!!!

On Tuesday we got out to the beach early.  The water was calm and clear.  So we hit the water right away and I brought the mask and snorkel with me to have a look around.  I could see the bottom in 4 to 5 foot of water.  I love to use the snorkel and float around its like your in your own little world.  It's just you and the ocean.

You do have to occasionally look up to see where you are.  When I looked up on one occasion I saw two women standing on the shore looking out towards me.  The wife was in the water closer to shore and seemed to be having a conversation with them.

I didn't really give it much thought at the time.  It seems like most people you meet down her are all super nice and I figured they were just saying "Hi" and talking about how calm the water was.

So then they walked away and I drifted up to my wife.  She was laughing and saying something about Manatee alert!!

Apparently the two ladies were on their porch when they spotted what they thought was a Manatee in the ocean.  They had to come and get a closer look.  To my displeasure, and their surprise I was their Manatee.

The one lady told Carol to tell me they thought I was a dolphin.  Oh well,  at least they didn't spot a whale.  Hey at least Carol shaved my back before we came down!!

So for the rest of the day if I saw them I made sure to tell them I was going into the water.  Wouldn't want them to have another false alarm spotting a Manatee.






This is a Manatee


 
 

You be the judge!

 
 
The sunset on Tuesday was a mix of sun and clouds.  That always makes for some interesting pictures.  It seemed like the sky was on fire.
 



 
 
Wednesday morning we seemed to sleep in a little longer.  It seems like we have been getting up a little later each morning.  Lazy is officially kicked in!
 
I was still in search of the best seafood omelet on Sanibel.  Today we went to Sanibel Café.  I had to disqualify them from my research.  Their omelet only had one type of seafood in it and that was shrimp.  Got to have multiple types of seafood to qualify in my research!  Breakfast was still good.
 
From there we were off to do a little drive-by shopping.  Its where Carol goes and spots the things she wants to maybe buy this week but she holds off in case she finds something better at the next shop.   Wilford and Lee had some nice home décor items.  Can you believe it, a guy saying nice things about shopping?
 
Dinner was a first for us.  Sanibel Steakhouse.  Its got a cool older vibe with crooners like Frank Sinatra signing in the background.

Scallops with Mushroom Risotto and asparagus


Wednesday's sunset

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Shelllady said…
You snuck this one in on me! I missed it!! Sorry!!

I have to say about the video, from the level of the camera, before I realized what it was...I wasn't sure...but I woulda thought an otter or something small!! :D

Beautiful sunsets!!

Williford and Lee is one of my favorite stores...they have one just down the road from our house in Ft. Myers and it's so much bigger...I "have gotten in trouble' there a few times....falling in love with everything in there!!
Kim@Snug Harbor said…
ROFL on the manatee story.

I've never eaten at Sanibel Steakhouse, but after looking at that scallop dish, I may have to give it a try.

Popular posts from this blog

Merica Road Trippin Chapter 5 "America the Beautiful"

Sand Dollars, Starfish, Stingrays and Sandy Sanibel

Soccer PaPa

Exploration beyond the beach

Welcome to Marathon

In the Blink of an Eye

Boogie Board Beach Angels

Some of today's "BS"

Branson by the Ocean a.k.a. Gulf Shores Alabama

Tuesday's addition chasing the sunrise